There was another great Atlanta Startup Village tonight in the beautiful new Atlanta Tech Village event space. I love the energy and fresh ideas at these events.
What astounds me most is the number of new faces that show up. About 50% of the attendees are first time participants. It is clear that there is a strong sense of startup hype sweeping over the city. I think it could be called the Shark Tank effect.
Here are short summaries of tonight’s presentations:
- 8% of Americans can stick to a budget
- mobile app FoundMoney enables you to track the ways you save money
- trying to help people save money
- iOS only currently
- monetizing with targeted advertising and lead generation
- worst case cost of customer acquisition is $3-7
- cloud based customer support tool
- enables help desk features to log time, assign to a billable rate, and sends out invoices
- animating looping videos
- they gave a sneak peek of their almost launching app
- combines the features of draw something with Vine, enabling easy creation and sharing of looping sketched video
- delivers authenticated profiles and appointment reminders for people providing service to your home
- helps people become more comfortable with service providers from services like DirectTV
- enables much better communication and trust between service providers and service recipients
- currently have 8-9 companies with 300 technicians
- makes a very simple gmail to salesforce connector
- stores all email sent
- love the simplicity of their story and the bigness of their market opportunity
What were your favorite moments from tonight’s Atlanta Startup Village?